On October 13th, 2018, our Chestnut Park Collingwood Team of 9 REALTORS ®, The Chestnut Park Peak Performers together climbed Blue Mountain 40 times. This leg-pumping, heart-thumping charitable challenge raised over $350,000 for Collingwood General & Marine Hospital where the doctors, nurses, staff and patients need support to confront their own challenges.
Over 600 participants, 100 volunteers, sponsors, vendors and spectators gathered in the Everest Challenge base camp located in Blue Mountain Village. Food, music and entertainment in the Village kept spirits high as participants embarked on each summit of Blue Mountain. Teams of 2 climbed 20 times, teams of 4 climbed the mountain 10 times, teams of 8 climbed the mountain 5 times and teams of 10 climbed the mountain 4 times to match the 29,090 foot height of the world’s highest mountain.
Patients climb their own mountains every day, and they don’t have the luxury of handing the baton off to anyone. They fight the good fight, marching towards hope and health, making a daunting, uphill climb alongside the CGMH staff.
Here is some very important information about the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital:
- CGMH provides care in speciality areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care and surgery. The hospital also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services.
- CGMH serves more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 Million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains.
- Cardio Respiratory provides cardiac and respiratory consultation and testing on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Respiratory Therapists are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Respiratory equipment is vital to the hospital.
- Funds raised will go towards:
- Improving access to timely and appropriate emergency care
- Enhanced capacity to deal with complex senior needs
- New equipment in obstetrics (incubators and cribs)
Thank you to our Collingwood office agents for participating in this great cause!